Friday, January 11, 2013

No-Eating-Out-January

As most of my family and friends know, January is no eating out month around here. For some of you, this is no big deal. For others, this is INSANE. We are pretty much in the "this is insane" camp. We typically eat out A LOT. And really this doesn't mean fine dining or even sit down restaurants with a real waitress. I'm talking nasty, greasy food establishments where we can take three small, rowdy children without attracting stares and dirty looks.
I'm not sure of the actual statistics, but its pretty safe to say most New Year's resolutions fail. My resolution last year? Do some more freelance writing. Another Resolution fail! I don't think I even so much as wrote a blog post in 2012. Sad!
So my New Year's Resolution approach in 2013 is going to be a little different. Semi-inspired by Jen Hatmaker's book, 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, I am creating monthly goals or challenges (although I must insert here that I fully acknowledge that her goals were waaaay more radical than mine, hence why she wrote a book about it).
My first goal of this new year is to not eat out for an entire month, and so far, so good! January 1st started out with a pretty big test of will for us. We took the kids to Edventure, the children's museum in Columbia, and had to pack a picnic lunch which we ate in the car since it was raining. After that, it has been pretty easy actually. I also must add that I am not missing restaurant food AT ALL. We are eating pretty good around here!
In the words of Dave Ramsey, the only time you should see me in a restaurant this month is if I'm working there!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just found your blog. I knew it was there but I never looked at it because I am not much of a blogger/facebooker/twitterer. Honestly, I didn't know you had put so much stuff on it. I guess I miss out on things by being absent from the social networking brouhaha. The blog pictures reminded me that the kids have grown up a ton in the past couple of years! I can't believe it. Keep writing this thing. I like it. It's awesome! Oh, and I have always thought I looked like Edward Cullen! Love you! Chris (AKA Husband)

    ReplyDelete